HOURS: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM – 5 days per week
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primary function is to assist in coordinating all activities of the church office that relate to publishing and graphic design, while serving as an office receptionist. Will also provide support to pastoral and administrative staff. This individual will report directly to the Senior Pastor and/or Office Manager and any other assigned pastoral staff.
- Must have and give evidence of a personal, growing relationship with Christ.
- Must be an active member of an evangelical church.
- Must be in agreement with the stated doctrinal positions of GraceLife Baptist Church and the Southern Baptist Convention statement of faith.
- College graduate or equivalent work-related experience.
- Types at least 65 words/minute with accuracy and has transcribing experience.
- Proficiency in the area of computer graphics, social media, and publishing skills are essential (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Word Press, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of standard office equipment (computer, copier/printer, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Have excellent command of English composition, punctuation, and verbal communication.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Design, prepare, edit and produce all church publications, including church newsletters, worship bulletins, print material for campaigns and promotions, etc.
- Website and church app design, maintenance and updates.
- Acts as the church office receptionist directing phone calls, appointments, and guests throughout the church.
- Maintenance and organization of office reception area.
- Distribution and dissemination of regular mail, email, and correspondence.
- Screening and routing of incoming calls.
- Weekly Data Entry
- Routine filing of paperwork.
- Set up counseling meetings and other appointments.
- Maintain and up-date all standard forms and ministry literature.
- Processing and maintaining church guest files and information.
- Contacting and enlisting church volunteers across ministry areas.
- Processing sermon CD requests.
- Assisting pastoral staff with weekly projects and deadlines.
- Other office/administrative duties as assigned.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Exhibits professionalism, demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teachability, and accountability.
- Capable and willing to work at a fast pace, within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Always maintains confidentiality.
- Exercises discernment and wise/good judgment.
- Gives careful attention to details, with an eye for excellence.
- Takes initiative to seek new information, training, and resources as needed.
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Capable of working independently, with minimal instruction and supervision, and seeing tasks through to completion, in a timely manner.
**New employees will be subject to a 3 month probationary period and subsequent employee review by the Senior Pastor or his designee.
Ready to apply?
Fill out the form below in its entirety.