25-30 hours per week; minimum 3 days per week
Purpose of Position:
The appearance of our facility, both in and out, is a significant influencer on the first impression guests have about the church. Therefore, we are looking for a proactive and efficient church custodian, who possesses an understanding of proper cleaning methods and the value of a clean and inviting facility. The custodian will ensure that all publicly accessible areas of the office and church are clean and ready for use by the staff and congregation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Custodial experience is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., set up tables, move stacks of chairs.
- Pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Strong/good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to adjust their schedule to suit the needs of the church.
- Motivation to work independently or with others to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the church.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain all carpeted surfaces in office and main building by vacuuming, spot cleaning, and extracting, as needed.
- Scrub tile and gym floors.
- Set-up, stock, and straighten all classrooms (stock with hand towels/soap)
- Ensure all paper product, soap, and hand sanitizer dispensers are full.
- Sanitize work surfaces and toys.
- Empty trash in the office and church.
- Make minor repairs.
- Schedule and coordinate contactors for more involved repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain supply inventory and submit purchase requests.
- Assist with event preparations, such as weddings and funerals.
- Assist with UPWARD clean-up on Saturday afternoons.
- Coordinate with other custodial staff in the completion of maintenance and cleaning.
- Adjust thermostats when necessary to accommodate changes in the church schedule.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Exhibits professionalism, demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teachability, and accountability.
- Capable and willing to work at a fast pace, within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Exercises discernment and wise/good judgment.
- Gives careful attention to details, with an eye for excellence.
- Takes initiative to seek new information, training, and resources as needed.
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Capable of working independently, with minimal instruction and supervision, and seeing tasks through to completion, in a timely manner.
DEADLINES: (Blue-shaded tasks can be done at any time in the week)
Tuesday 9:00 am:
All foyers, hallways, stairwells, and classrooms used by homeschool co-op must be spot vacuumed and straightened.
Tuesday 6:00 pm:
Downstairs foyers, hallways, and stairwells must be vacuumed and straightened (after co-op).
Wednesday 6:00 pm:
All foyers, hallways, classrooms, and stairwells must be vacuumed, straightened and stocked and classrooms setup.
Thursday 6:00 pm:
Downstairs foyers, hallways, and stairwells must be vacuumed and straightened (after MOPS).
Friday 5:30 pm:
Downstairs foyers, hallways, and stairwells must be vacuumed and straightened.
Sunday 8:00 am:
All foyers, hallways, classrooms, and stairwells must be vacuumed, straightened and stocked and classrooms be set-up.
Foyers, hallways, classrooms, and stairwells in the main building, and the office must be thoroughly vacuumed (other deadlines are for spot vac)
Two hours must be spent on spotting/extracting carpets
Every Saturday during Upward Session (early January through early March) is mandatory, beginning 15 minutes prior to end of last game to the locking-up of the building.
Order of tasks:
- Prepare cleaning chemicals, gather machines and supplies
- Clear gym of chairs, benches, tables, etc.
- Gather trash, dust mop, and sweep/vacuum trash from under chair stacks
- Auto-scrub gym
- Vacuum downstairs foyers, hallways, and stairwells
- Take out trash in foyers and downstairs bathrooms
- Clean toilets, sinks, mirrors and touch surfaces in bathrooms and mop and stock them
- Clean glass doors and water fountains in foyers
- Auto-scrub downstairs bathrooms, foyers, and sides of gym where chairs were stacked
- Rinse machines and lock building
**New employees will be subject to a 3 month probationary period and subsequent employee review by the Senior Pastor or his designee.
Ready to apply?
Fill out the form below in its entirety.